Set in the heart of the historic village of Repton, St Wystan’s School and Nursery provides an inclusive holistic independent education for boys and girls aged 2½ to 11.
St Wystan’s School is steeped in history. Founded by Lady Fisher in 1926, wife of the then Headmaster of Repton School, who later became the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Lessons back then took place in the court room with lunch in the ‘Boot Inn’. In 1937 it moved to its present High Street site, previously occupied by Repton School’s Latham House.
The ‘family’ tradition originated by Lady Fisher continues to flourish today, supporting the school’s inclusive high educational standards. Whilst St Wystan’s is independent of any senior schools, with many of our pupils going to a number of schools in the surrounding area, our historic connection with Repton School means that a Lady Fisher Scholarship may well be awarded to pupils who excel as an all-rounder and wish to continue their education at Repton School.
St Wystan’s continues to develop within its surroundings and is both traditional in its philosophy and forward thinking in its approach to children’s education.