Why Choose St Wystans School?
What makes St Wystan’s so unique?
Our ethos, values and small classes make our school the perfect environment to learn in.
- We instil pleasure in learning: children need to feel safe and happy, free from hot-housing or fear of making mistakes, and confident in the knowledge that they can always do better next time.
- We provide individual attention: nurturing confidence, resilience and a love of learning, with small class sizes in which every child is known by each teacher and we can focus on them as individuals.
- We believe in respect and kindness: manners and kindness to others are very important to us and insisted upon.
- We work to build resilience: we create a supportive family environment that promotes positive attitudes in every child, so they feel able to take risks and become more confident.
- We achieve academic excellence: providing the building blocks for each child to feel confident, independent and ready to enter the right choice of secondary education – be it grammar, independent or state, 100% success rate with many scholarships offers.
- We aim to maximise potential: all our enthusiastic and caring teachers get to know your child and this manifest itself in confident, polite and happy children, of every ability. We offer specialist teachers in Music, French and Sport.
- We open young minds to new ideas: we provide a creative curriculum to enable children to understand and explore the wider world, building in a wide range of educational trips, visits and residentials.
- We encourage creativity and self-expression: the wider curriculum and opportunities in Forest School provide plenty of opportunities within the school day and in after school activities for children to express themselves through art, music, drama and dance.
- We promote healthy minds in healthy bodies: a healthy understanding of keeping fit provides our children with a strong sense of well-being. Our specialist sports teacher, develops the children’s physical confidence, improves mobility and flexibility, and promotes the ethos of collaboration and teamwork.